Wednesday, September 16, 2009

From Wasabi, Service Dog in Training


I've never seen a car like this one. It's so small. These humans seem to know my commands, and we're going for a ride. I love rides, but I alsways have to lie down and can't look out the windows. Finally, we stop and walk close to the street. THERE'S ANOTHER DOG!!! She's old. Her name is Elli May and she says she's been working for Jeanie for almost 10 years now. She says if I'm good, she'll teach me a few things. I'll be good. I hope she likes me.

Elli says this place is her home. I like that word. She says that when my training is all over they bring in some humans that need assistance dogs, and we get to pick one! I can't wait. I don't know if I want a boy or a girl or maybe an older person, but I want a HOME and my own special human like Elli has.

After dinner, Jeanie let me help her with the laundry. It's so much fun taking the clothes out of the dryer and handing them to her. She says "good" and "thank you" every time. Someone trained her very well. Then Shanee took me for a nice long walk. Elli and I snuggled for a little while. She likes me and Elli doesn't always like puppies (even though I'm already a year old, she still calls me a "puppy") so I'm really proud of myself.

I's time for bed. You don't have to say "kennel Up" twice to me! I just want to sleep for a while.

No comments: